Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sarpe After

So I had the Sarpe surgery done on Thursday morning. There was a slight change in plans the day before my surgery as the Oral surgeon consulted with my Ortho and decided I would only get cut on one side of my palate(Left) The right side had room and my top front teeth and bottom align up fairly well. The sarpe will help create room on the left side to pull down that canine, that right now there is no room for. Anyhows I was in the Operating room and out in recovery after about an hour. I immediately had pain in my mouth, they gave me morphine intravenously at least twice.
The first twenty four hours I felt tired but could not sleep, at least soundly that is. I could tell when some of the swelling went down that I had some more room in my palate already. When I ate I could feel that my oral surgeon had turned my expander already. I recieved a call the next day Friday where the OS told me I was to turn the expander twice a day and to see them on Monday. I "think" Im turning it, but I cantbe sure honestly. It doesnt seem complicated but I just cant tell.
So today is day three, I didnt take any narcotic today and feel somewhat ok. Im taking my antibiotic, and mouthwash as prescribed though. Im off for an additional week and will be stir crazy. On a side note Im glad no one at work can see my swollen cheek, and the semi black eye i have formed. Id rather spend a week doing something fun, but what can ya do? No pictures as my teeth I think look like heck...

No comments:

Post a Comment