Thursday, May 21, 2009

RPE is going to be the death of me

So I ended up with this expander a week early. A few days after my last appointment, I somehow broke a wire off? Anyhows the tec was afraid to readd coil and whatnot as it may cause shifting of my teeth, and then affect the mold they took for the expander. So almost a week goes by and my teeth are moving like crazy(so i think) Afraid I call the Ortho and see if its possible to have the expander put in early*(what was i thinking). Anyhows I have one molar that is overly sensitive to the touch and guess where the expander sits upon? Yup that tooh, I literally was in tears and I still dont think its seated properly. Doc says it will be fine though(I hope so).

I cant really eat anything as everything I do eat goes right to the roof of my mouth, where its trapped by the expander(very annoying) I have lots of excess slobber and sound totally retarded(refarded). I have yet to have any real second thoughts on this braces journey, until yesterday when I got this expander. I was very tempted to turn around and tell them to take it out*seriously)

Anyhows It will be ok I know this, and am totally suprised at what the body will except as normal. I mean when I got the braces I thought " Ill never get use to these things" Now I feel their a part of me, elastics and all. I know shortly I may never grow to except it completely, but It will get easier. Now the SARPE is scheduled for next Thursday, Ill check in then...

2 comments:

  1. Good luck next week!! I am eternally grateful that I didn't have to go through the SARPE process.

    Isn't it amazing what the body can get used to??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    Nice article has been shared here And also did enjoyed visiting your this article. thanks for sharing such article here. it would be nice to see if you can post some information related to Dentist Crows Nest here in this article. keep on posting such article here in future too.

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete