Thursday, February 26, 2009

"spacers" well its not plural its only one


So Im not really sure who came up with this bright, painful idea. First, I would like to mention that NO one from my Ortho office once mentioned their would be any discomfort with this "in and out" procedure. I just happen to be a frequent "googler" and found many many people said this was the worse part of getting braces. Today was my day. I ask the tech(i didn't get her name), if it would have any pain associated. This is what she replied "well some liken it to having a piece of chicken stuck in between their teeth". Yeah I think, that doesnt even begin to explain what was about to happen.


The assistant says "your only getting four", cool sign me up(right, four cant be that bad) So she takes a lookey inside my vacant mouth and walla, Im only going to get one at this time as two other molars are MIA and the third is currently under construction with my temp bridge. So she shows me this little "o" plastic ring looking thing(NO WORRIES I THINK) Holy shit....is all I can say..YOWZERS


A picture of the small harmless looking device is above, please note those are not my teeth(there are too many of them). My one tooth hurts, but thankfully I cant chew on that side anyhow:-) I go back one week from today to get my braces! I will also have a mold made of my palate for the expander, then the surgery prob around my b-day. Yay happy b-day to me:-\


No comments:

Post a Comment